A simple question most organizations neglect to first ask themselves is…..”What role do I want my website to take…what “outcome” do I want it to deliver? How does that outcome matter to the success of my business?”
Strategy and goals for your web site may include:
- Who will the site talk to? And what will it do for them?
- Number of new leads goal; brand awareness increase; sales (if e-comm)
- Reduce amount of customer service phone support going to personnel
- Keyword research reflects actual “units of demand” base on what real people are searching for and should help you be relevant to actual market demand.
- Internet data can provide valuable intelligence on Demographics, Psychographics of your target audience
- Online data mining can provide detailed comparison of your biggest competitors within hours!
A thought-out strategy will keep you from over spending by diverting your attention. There are so many Gee Whiz offers and Cool Tools out there, you can get distracted or enticed into doing or trying things that take you off your strategic path.